Since October 2017 we have received numerous donations of publications, audio, images and documentation to the Library from artists, curators and organisations.
We want to ensure that the history and breadth of women artists’ practice in the region is documented and celebrated, so we are always looking to grow our collection and add to the histories and perspectives it contains.
If you are an artist or curator who identifies as a woman and you consider yourself to have an association with the North East, we want to hear from you.
Whether you lived in the North East, were born here, studied or have shown work in the region please get in touch to donate an element of your work or practice.
The type of things we are looking for are:
- Printed material (books, catalogues, posters or leaflets)
- Visual documentation (photographs or films in hard copy or digital format)
- Audio material including sound work, music, or audio documentation recordings (in hard copy or digital format)
- Text work or critical writing on women artists, projects or exhibitions including essays, reviews, articles, letters (original or photocopies)
- Research materials about or by women artists associated with the North East
If there is something that you would like to donate that doesn’t fit into one of the categories above we will try to find a way to include your artistic practice or story in the collection. The library is continually developing ways to collect and present its collection in new and non-traditional ways and to include work that poses a challenge to documentation or archive practices.
To donate to the library collection please email email@example.com